Motorcycle Accident Attorney in San Diego
If you or someone you love has been involved in a motorcycle accident, you should contact a motorcycle accident attorney in San Diego to find out if you are eligible to file an injury claim. Motorcycle crashes often result in serious, life-changing injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, disfigurement and death. An experienced motorcycle accident attorney can help you seek the compensation you need to recover from the injuries and move forward with your life.
To schedule a free consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer in San Diego, please contact us today.
Riding a motorcycle has many inherent dangers compared to riding in other motor vehicles. For instance, riding a motorcycle, without the protection of a car surrounding the rider, puts him or her at much greater risk. Motorcyclists are more difficult to see in an automobile’s rear and side view mirrors, making it easier to cut them off or hit them while changing lanes.
A rider who falls off of a motorcycle on a city street may be severely injured. On a freeway, the injuries are likely to be disastrous if not fatal due to the high speeds and number of cars on the road.
Common Motorcycle Crash Injuries and Causes
Among the most common injuries suffered by motorcycle riders are:
- Brain injury (riders wearing approved helmets are said to reduce the risk of dying by 37 percent)
- Broken joints such as elbows, shoulders, hips, knees and wrists
- Broken fingers, spine and neck
- Soft tissue injury when a body slides across the surface of the road or is injured by the impact of the accident.
- “Bikers’ arm,” a condition in which the nerves in the upper arm are damaged during a fall, causing permanent restriction of movement of the arm
- Facial disfigurement (when a motorcycle rider’s face slides across the pavement or smashes into an object, the risk of disfiguring injuries is great)
- Groin injuries caused by head-on crashes
Fatal Motorcycle Accidents
With little to protect them when crashing into another car, a solid object such as a telephone pole or road sign, or falling off the bike and sliding across the pavement, motorcycle riders are at increased risk of being fatally injured.
Half of motorcycle fatalities in single vehicle crashes are related to poorly negotiating a curve just before the crash. Nearly 60 percent of motorcyclist deaths in single vehicle crashes occur at night. A combination of older riders on high-powered motorcycles is responsible for an increase in wrongful deaths among this group of riders.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in San Diego
If you or someone you love has been involved in a motorcycle accident, you should speak with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible. Only a skilled attorney, familiar with the laws of the road will be able to get you the full amount of compensation you deserve.
To schedule a free review of your case, please contact our San Diego motorcycle accident lawyers today